Shawn continues answering questions from listeners about genre, the hero's journey, and more.
Questions answered in this episode:
- Can the mentor also be the villain?
- Practical ways to workshop and come up with story ideas and to find inspiration. What core components make up a story premise?
- How can I use the Story Grid methodology in relation to short story?
- What novels do you recommend for studying the Redemption Plot and the Education Plot?
- Shawn and Steven Pressfield have worked together on many epic war novels. What are the obligatory scenes and conventions of the war genre?
- In the horror genre you put aliens under both uncanny and supernatural, is that because it depends on how they will be viewed in the story?